Ten Steps to Hitting the Sweet Spot with Your Multi channel Campaign
When you’re ready to develop your next personalised multi channel campaign marketing campaign, keep these tips in mind to help hit the mark with consumers:
- Use both print and digital – Increasingly, marketers aren’t talking one or the other. They are talking both. Seamless integration between the two is critical to creating stand out marketing campaigns.
- Put the customer – not the channel – at the centre of your strategy. Customers move across different channels during the customer life cycle. Take this journey into consideration as you design your variable data multi channel campaigns with strategy and logic from the get go. Get customers excited for the brand journey! Plan ahead and keep in mind that you are creating a customer journey, not just a one-and-done deal. Trying to market products and services without putting the customer first is like swimming upstream.
- Deliver a consistent brand experience, regardless of channel. Your beautifully designed personalised print piece shouldn’t link to an outdated online experience. This is key to customer satisfaction. A study of 27,000 American consumers by McKinsey & Company has found that a consistent customer experience across the entire customer journey will increase customer satisfaction, build trust and boost loyalty.
- Make sure the design is responsive and mobile friendly – With the abundance of consumers using mobile devices and tablets today, it’s important to be sure your campaign will display correctly on their preferred viewing method. By working with modern frameworks and scripting languages, developers can ensure campaigns will always display properly.
- Collect data from both print and online sources during your multi channel campaign. This will help build your unique customer profiles and improve the overall customer experience. You can use that information effectively throughout each communication cycle to build a much more loyal relationship over time.
- Integrate digital technology into your print pieces – With this integration you can monitor campaigns, analyse results in real time and modify strategy and tactics accordingly. Options include QR codes, NFC, Augmented Reality Software or a ‘Print to Mobile’ infrastructure such as DocumobiFUSE technology, which digitally enables interaction with a printed piece via mobile phones, tablets and wearables.
- Personalise your multi channel campaign – Campaigns that are individualised will help deliver engaging and effective communications. The use of variable data, personalised images, personalised video and PURLs can all help drive strategic engagement.
- Use recognisable branding across all channels – All multi channel campaign brand messages should deliver a consistent look and feel across all channels – from the style of photographs to the colours, fonts and graphics.
- Measure results – Evaluate the effectiveness of each channel to assess your ROI and plan for future campaigns. Campaign monitoring and analysis will enable you to see results first hand to determine what works, what doesn’t and why. Unsuccessful initiatives can be abandoned before they drain financial resources and past campaign results and data can be used for future campaign planning and execution.
- Bullet-proof your future – Choose a solid and open marketing platform with capabilities that will continue to serve you well as technologies shift and advance. Nurture and continually develop a greater understanding your customer relationships– this will help you shape the way you connect with them for many years to come.
Consumers are already ahead of marketers in their anticipation of a modern, seamless, integrated and consistent brand experience across both print and digital. Use these tips to beat their expectations and take your multichannel campaigns to the next level!