Environmental Policy Statement
RPM Digital Print Ltd is fully committed to
achieving the highest standards with regards to environmental matters arising out of our activities.
- It is the intention of the organisation to be at the forefront of our industry through a policy of continual improvement.
- An integral element of our sensitivity to environmental issues is that it may affect not only our employees but also our other stakeholders.
- When determining priorities for the allocation of resources, environmental objectives shall be given equal consideration with all other organisation objectives.
- All managers, supervisors and employees have duties and responsibilities under this policy, and in order to ensure these are met regular reviews of environmental performance will be carried out.
Aims of the Policy
RPM Digital Print Ltd recognises that protection of the environment requires all activity to be conducted in a sustainable manner. RPM Digital Print Ltd are fully committed to best environmental practice and each department takes responsibility for its own environmental performance.
- RPM Digital Print Ltd has acknowledged these responsibilities by publishing this environmental policy. Our organisation is committed to implementing the actions stated in the policy and objectives. In order to achieve this our organisation is;
- Establishing health, safety and environmental policies for which the Top Management has ultimate responsibility and which forms part of the organisation’s business plans.
- Developing a comprehensive Environmental Management System (EMS), which ensures compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations, codes of practice and any other standard to which the company subscribes. The organisation is also committed to the prevention of pollution. The EMS will evaluate the organisation’s environmental impacts resulting in the setting of clear objectives with the aim of establishing continual environmental improvement in environmental performance. The organisation’s overall performance will be monitored by regular audits and annual reviews.
- Intent on integrating environmental management with health and safety management at all areas of activity.
- The EMS will develop over time so that all key issues pertinent to the organisation will be addressed. Initially, the EMS will pay close attention to the following policy objectives;
- Minimise the environmental impacts of our existing processes/activities and ensure that the implications of new processes are fully assessed prior to their introduction.
- Effectively manage and control our authorised processes
- Dispose of waste and effluents in a responsible and safe manner
- Reduce the likelihood of environmental accidents and incidents through the use of risk assessments and action planning
- Promote ownership and control of environmental issues at business level
- Provide the necessary training and support in order to ensure that the organisation can fulfil the requirements outlined in this policy
- Introduce programmes that aim to minimise waste
- Minimise energy use through effective energy management.